Friday, April 04, 2008

Interesting


"Martha [Stewart] loves the pantry in Westport and often feels inspired to cook simply by seeing the abundance of ingredients on the shelves. More than a source of inspiration, however, an organized pantry streamlines cooking preparations, making it easy to find ingredients and keep track of their need for replenishment."


Keep the following points in mind when setting up your own pantry:

1. A pantry can be as large as a room or as small as a bookcase -- just make sure the space has good ventilation and circulation, low light, low humidity, and a relatively cool temperature...."


Ahh, I didn't make it past the first point!


How did she know I was using a bookcase for a pantry?!? And I pretty much muddled up the rest too. 'Good ventilation,' yes, that it does have with my airy see-through curtain strung on the front, but that pretty well nixes the low light part since it faces my kitchen widow. It probably does have low humidity.....when our clothes are not on the drying rack next to it. By the time I read the last bit, I totally gave up the pantry ghost. A 'reatively cool temperature' doesn't seem likely since it is parked directly left of the warmest air vent in the house.


Ach well!


Come by our house for food anytime, if you dare!

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I dared and the food was great and I really would like to be sitting at your table right this minute. All this remodeling has finally gotten to me and I'm tired.

Anonymous said...

Your blogs are so interesting. You must have the ideal !!!!!kitcehn, but you can still put out good food.

Mike and Belinda said...

So true - love the blog - thanks for sharing and happy cooking!

Tim and Lanette said...

That vent is quite amazing! I had to shut it more than once:)