Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Mouse in the House

A week or two ago, I noticed that we were not the only living creatures in our house. I hadn't seen any actual mice but it was pretty evident they were around. I promptly went out to Dollaroma and bought a four-pack of mouse traps.

The first night we caught one. Initially I felt just a little bit bad....cause mice are kind of cute.... He had only gotten into the spelt in my cupboard. That was pretty good. Usually they test a little of everything they walk past. Then we caught another one about a week later.

Yesterday I went into the closet under the stairs to the attic to get something out of a bag and this is what I found.

I no longer felt bad about ending his life.


He even ate my glycerin soap stash.

And was apparently a mouse after Bert's own heart. He had desperately tried to get into the Ferrero Rocher Chocolates. Bert is pretty sure they are still safe to eat.....

And the bag was on this hook, which is above my head. Nimble little rodent.

Hopefully this is the end of our little invasion...at least till fall.

5 comments:

aaronr said...

Spelt?!?! Why do you have it and why would he want it? :-) adr

Maxmom said...

What fun! Perhaps you guys need a cat!?
Tons of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA (aka Caryl)

Ladene said...

YOU MAY HAVE THEM. Mice is something I just don't like. They are so dirty and leave such a mess.

Just don't feel bad about disposing of those creatures--God will see to it more well replace them.

Mike and Belinda said...

Not a mice lover either - glad you caught them - hopefully you can enjoy that chocolate now!

Kath said...

Eeeew! I found evidence of the nasty lil creatures in the camper in WY. Took some convincing of Daryl that they were actually were there. Why he had to be convinced I am not sure. With more investigation I found the wide open space they were welcoming themselves in by. We "fed" them as the local store was all out of traps.....we hope we fed them very WELL! Such cute nasty lil things.

Eeew! Eeeew! They even eat soap?