Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hitting the city


Yesterday we went into Ottawa. It is the capitol of Canada, a fact I sadly didn’t know before we came this time. But then, I don’t remember half of the State’s capitols either. Ah well! It was a great day out.
The parliament building in the background.


My handsome hubby



Ottawa is kind of half in Ontario, half in Quebec. I am just glad that most French words have accent marks in them. This one is self explanatory, but.... :)



Our fearless leader



This is a loch system they have worked out to get boats up to Ottawa from Kingston. It is fun to watch. The gates open up, releasing water or adding water depending on which way the boat is going. Each loch shifts the boat a good 20-30 feet up or down.


This is in the National Art Gallery. They do not allow photographs of most of the pieces, but hey we had to take a picture while we there none the less. They had a big mix from photos to paintings and sculptures. Bert was into art in school. I like it too, but got the biggest kick out of the big names things.




Fun, Fun!




I still have not taken any good pictures around the place here. All is well though. We are getting to know the people in the church much better and are settling into a routine of sorts.

4 comments:

Brett Hendrickson said...

Enjoy Ottawa and area! The one time I went there, I remember liking the First Nations Museum. You guys look glamorous and happy.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Looks very bright and beautiful. And so do you two. Glad you had a fun day out and about.

Tim and Lanette said...

You are so pretty. I hope you had fun.

Mike and Belinda said...

looks like another great place to be - so glad you both are enjoying your journeys - love ya!!