I think of that stupid game that I played a hundred million times with Cal and Sam..and always let them win. Thank goodness Laynee hasn't heard of it yet. I also think of the land where I would like to live someday....wouldn't that be cool.....
One word...carpet. Candyland was the name of the carpet we had in the bus. It was the ugliest nastiest stuff that we all loved and wouldn't have traded for the world. That is the very first thing that comes to my mind.
Yup, I have to go with my first thought and that is the game. I remember playing it as a kid and then again many times with my kids. I remember the card that was of the special candy that was close to the end of the game was chewed on so everyone always tried to get that one so they could jump way to the end. The carpet was lovey though, Net. Nice memory.
I had forgotten all about that carpet, but I can sort of remember when we got it. Stopped a Lowes in Springfield, MO and bought the cheapest thing we could find in the store, then went out and laid our new carpet in the bus right there in the Lowes parking lot. I think we were on the way to a craft show. The good old days ;-)
I was waiting for Ern to comment, but it was the carpet for me too! Small dark rainbow stripes from one side of the bus to the other, and all the way down the back. All forty feet of it! Great stuff!
But who can't think of the game too. Can I have the Red One.....pppleeeeeaase!!!!
Candyland Bingo! It was the game we had back when I was little - you just spin the spinner a lot of times and set up your little candyland men in a row until you get them all across - before someone else does, hopefully! The bad connotations of bingo had no effect on my view of the game then and do not spoil my memories now....
9 comments:
Well...of course I think of the game, but I'm sure you have some other hidden thing in there, right?
I think of the game also - played all the time with my parents and then with my children - great memories!! :))
I think of that stupid game that I played a hundred million times with Cal and Sam..and always let them win. Thank goodness Laynee hasn't heard of it yet. I also think of the land where I would like to live someday....wouldn't that be cool.....
One word...carpet. Candyland was the name of the carpet we had in the bus. It was the ugliest nastiest stuff that we all loved and wouldn't have traded for the world. That is the very first thing that comes to my mind.
Shoots and Ladders
Yup, I have to go with my first thought and that is the game. I remember playing it as a kid and then again many times with my kids. I remember the card that was of the special candy that was close to the end of the game was chewed on so everyone always tried to get that one so they could jump way to the end.
The carpet was lovey though, Net. Nice memory.
I had forgotten all about that carpet, but I can sort of remember when we got it. Stopped a Lowes in Springfield, MO and bought the cheapest thing we could find in the store, then went out and laid our new carpet in the bus right there in the Lowes parking lot. I think we were on the way to a craft show. The good old days ;-)
I was waiting for Ern to comment, but it was the carpet for me too! Small dark rainbow stripes from one side of the bus to the other, and all the way down the back. All forty feet of it! Great stuff!
But who can't think of the game too. Can I have the Red One.....pppleeeeeaase!!!!
Candyland Bingo! It was the game we had back when I was little - you just spin the spinner a lot of times and set up your little candyland men in a row until you get them all across - before someone else does, hopefully! The bad connotations of bingo had no effect on my view of the game then and do not spoil my memories now....
Post a Comment