Part of the reason I haven't been posting much of late is because we have spent the last few weeks sorting out the calls Bert received. We basically left Canada and spent two weeks camping in South Carolina, praying that the Lord would make it clear where He wanted us to be.
Bert had received three calls. The first one was from the congregation in Aultbea, Scotland. (where we had stayed in Dec. -Jan.) The next one was from the congregation in Yellville, Arkansas. (my home church before we were married) And then the final one was from the congregation in Smiths Falls, Ontario. (from whom we had just come.)
It was the hardest decision we have ever had to make. How can you 'choose' one, when you love and care deeply for each of them?
In the end, it seems that the Lord is leading Bert to minister in Canada. He declined the calls to Aultbea and Yellville and has tentatively accepted the unofficial call to Canada. Please continue to remember Yellville and Aultbea with us in prayer .
We thank God for His goodness to us in so many things....His upholding in the years of studies, His mercy in the many travels, His guiding hand in the call decisions, and so much more. His provisions are truly innumerable.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Praise and blessings! We know all too well what a heart-wrenching decision this can be. God is good and faithful. Can't wait to visit you in Canada!
I love you little girl. So thankful that you will soon have your first home. Canada will be blessed to have you two become a part of their family.
What an exciting new chapter you guys are embarking on. We'll keep you in our prayers as you press on ahead!
"tentatively accepted the unofficial call" This is either the plain leading of the Holy Spirit or complete madness. :-) God bless and may your prayer be as the words of St. Augustine. "Command what thou wilt and grant that thou dost command." adr
Congratulations on coming to the end and making a beginning! We pray that this new chapter will be a blessed and happy one.
(LOVE the new layout!)
Is this a free church continuing? There is an RPCNA there as well, I believe. Ottowa RPC. There is also a little seminary there too, right?
Hah, Nathan, you know way more than I do! I did hear some mention of a RPC. I think some of the people in this group even have a background there. But yeah, it is with the Free Church of Scotland (Coninuing). The seminary thing rings a bell too.
The seminary is Ottowa Theological Hall.
I hope that you all aid in building relations with the RP there. These old Scots kirks need to stick together!
Wow, how exciting...we will pray for the other two churches and also pray for you guys as you start your new adventure in Ontario! "The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto, the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace! Amen"
There used to be an RPCNA church in Smith's Falls that was daughtered by the Ottawa congregation. I believe that congregation was closed a few years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if the members transferred to your future church.
Mark from Southfield RPC(NA).
Post a Comment