Saturday, September 29, 2007

The 'truth' of it all...




So why do pirates always, always have a patch over one eye?


My sweet hubby said it was not because they had their eye poked out in some mad skirmish with inocent people (which I always believed), but simply that it was done for lighting purposes.


Above deck was bright and sunny most of the time and below deck was dark and dirty. To avoid all the time it would take for their eyes to adjust, they would just switch the patch from the eye that was used to the light, to eye that was used to the dark.


Makes sense kinda...or he might be talking rubbish.
What's next, no Tooth Fairy?

3 comments:

Tim and Lanette said...

Hmmm..I hate to say this but he's kinda smart isn't he? But then does knowing pirate lore make you smart?

lauri said...

How on earth does he know this stuff...and what does that have to do with being a preacher? If he ever uses that analogy in a sermon...give me a call...I wanna be there!

Becky said...

Good info to know...I've got 3 little guys who love to be pirates and wear eye patches. :)