The summer of 2000. Yes that was the time. One car, two tents, four cameras, five people and lots fun. I am not sure why I was thinking about it today, but the scrapbook was dusted off and here are the results.
We left at 2:30 am. with Dad at the helm of the Mercedes. We kids layered ourselves over each other in the back seat and slept till we were well into Texas. The above photo captured a desperate game of 500 (the 'wee' cards were complememts of a 'gum ball' machine.
Dad will have to help out with the location of this one. It was by a waterfall....
Matching his socks with his sandles... :)
Somewhere along Hwy. 1 in California.
Dad found us a little cabin in Lucia. It was perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Dad has a knack for finding the coolest cabins. Oh yes he does.
10 comments:
Wow, Aaron! Makes me wonder why i consult you for fashion advise;)
Ahh...the summer of the board short.
and then you polished it all off with the VH reunion right? You look like you had more fun getting there actually, but that one was fun too. Heck they all are..as long as the Rozabooms show up...
Oh Tim, not to fear. Those were the days that I had only my sisters as fashion consultants. I've attained 'style autonomy' now and things are different. :-) Of course I'm kidding, but someone has to take the blame. And I always try to live by Jay Don Johnson's injunction to "Deny everything and demand proof!" As for the socks and sandals, it was a humanitarian effort to protect everyone's eyes from my luminescent feet. adr
I remember thinking how in the heck did they all come that far in one car?? Now I know that you had a rousing time...no better way to travel than with the people you love...specially on a road trip!!!
Lauri, it was fun getting there, but I tell ya'... I would hate to miss a reunion! They are the coolest. Hmmm, you are always there too. I might have hit on something here. :)
I can't believe that was only 7 years ago, it looks like a blast from the long ago past.
But it was a great time with a great reunion and great people. Dad is right, road trips are the best.
These pictures just crack me up each time I look at them. I love looking back. Congrats on the Green Card as well!
I would sure love to hear a blast from the present!
Happy Anniversary today - wish you the best!!!
Post a Comment