I was in a bind the other day. Mom is my constant source of favorite recipes. Every time I remember one I want to make, I just call Mom and she digs out her books and willing shares. I called her the other day for her 'sand cookie' recipe and nobody was home. Boo-hoo.
So I called Net. She is my trusty backup and almost always has the coveted recipes. But she was gone too. Double boo-hoo. As it turns out, the internet has recipes too! :) I tried these and they were really quite good. I did add about 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavoring to satisfy the Dutch in me. Lovely. My hips couldn't agree more.
Cracked Sugar Cookies*1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 cup butter or oleo
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
2. Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg
yolks and vanilla.
3. All flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Stir.
4. Form dough into walnut size balls and place 2 inches
apart on cookie sheet. Don't flatten. Back 10 to 11 minutes,
untill tops are cracked and just turning color.
*Thanks to allrecipes.com
4 comments:
I'll have to try them the next time I'm into baking. I had a big baking day this past Sat. so it may be awhile.
Sorry I was gone.
OOO, they look good. I'm on a liquid diet...think you could puree me some..low cal?
okay, those look good but next time if you need a 3rd back-up call Aunt Joan. She makes my favorite sand cookies!!!
Aunt Joan is an amazing cook as far as I can tell from the reunions. All you west coast aunts and cousins are.
Post a Comment