We had a SFRC Girls Meeting here at the house on Saturday. Valentine's cards were turned out by the dozens. They were making them to give to the residents of a local nursing home. With some paper, scissors, crayons, string, and glue they set to work.


I love to see what they come up with when making their crafts. I usually have some ideas for them it they get stuck, but that doesn't really happen!


One of them asked for a pencil during the assembly. I rummaged around and came up with this one. Then I rather thoughtlessly remarked that it was one I had used in school. There were a lot of "Wooah's, Woooow's, etc" in response to that. I had to laugh cause even though it has only been ten years since I graduated, that is how old some of the girls are! 
After a closer look, I am pretty sure that while I did use it in school, it might have been an oldie from before that!
These sweet little cards came in the mail from James and Ellie. They had a little craft time of their own out at Grandma's house.Happy Valentine's Day!
4 comments:
Oh how cute. Bet the girls loved it as well as the nursing home residents. That has a whole new meaning to me now. I should be doing the same as I hope to go visit Dad this Thursday. I should talk to the people there and maybe I could start crocheting lap blankets or something useful.
Cute pencil. It makes me laugh that even though you have been around the world a time or two, you still have a pencil from school. Love it.
Kryna- you are something else. If that had been me ,those pencils would have gone long ago.
You mentioned this morning that you had made Valentine cards to give out at the nursing home. Those kids did a very good job.
Keep up the good work.
Very sweet thought and love all the cards - you sure did get alot of them made - awesome - thanks for sharing!!
Love the cards!! And the pencil... :)
Post a Comment