Friday, June 04, 2010

Far & Away & Back Again
(Part IV...The General Assembly)

Now for the General Assembly. This was held the last week we were in Scotland. The picture below is from the Thursday (final day). They hold the Assembly in the Liberton Kirk in Edinburgh. It is an amazingly beautiful building. It was great to see so many friends under one roof. The sessions begin each day around 9 a.m. with short breaks for lunch and supper, and they finish around 9:30 (or later) each night.


The Reverends Richie Ross, Callum Ian MacLeod, Gavino Fioreti, and Greg MacDonald at lunch one day.

Pastor Warren Gardener and Assembly Officer Derrick Gillies having a bit of a 'bleather' after lunch.

Home Mission Worker Donald Morrison giving a little speech at the Moderator's Reception.

Alisdair MacLeod (FCC student). We have many fond memories of youth gatherings in Glasgow with Alisdair.

Rev. James Clark, Parthipan (student), Elder Nailer, and Rev. John Keddie.

Reverends Harry Woods, William MacLeod, and Gavin Beers.

This year's Moderator for General Assembly Rev. David Frasier and his wife Marion.

Ms. MacIver and a friend from Glasgow, Rev. John Mac Leod, and Lindsay MacCallum.

Rev. Keddie's grandchildren checking out creepy-crawlies.

The front of the church by night.

One day while the men where discussing very important business, I went sightseeing/shopping. :)
This is for you Mom. I was sitting right in the corner of that bench when I called you.

A random statue.

Some monument outside of the castle.


A popular little ice cream truck park off Princes Street.

And then I think we have one more short little post on Scotland, and that just about does it!
*I most likely did not get the spellings correct on all of the names....very sorry about that!

2 comments:

Liz Steel said...

HI Bert and Kyrna... I do follow your blog but never comment... hope you are both doing well and it is nice to see some familiar faces in these Scottish posts!

Ladene said...

Scotland looks like a wonderful place for a vacation. Much to see. Glad all went well.