Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Holiday Weekend

There is always tons of stuff going on in the summer and especially on holiday weekends. It was Canada Day here in ....Canada....on July 1. :) Then Independence Day in the USA on the 4th. We met up in Kingston with some friends from Hamilton. It was a perfect day. Warm but not hot. We went on one of the 1000 Island Cruises and then took a peek though an Art Fair on the banks of the Lake Ontario. All of it was a blast. Bert and I hadn't been to a craft show since we set up with Mom and Dad a couple of years ago. I think I will always love those things!

Here is the fearless little boat.



Bert and Ed were out in the front of the boat catching the breeze. We rounded the point of an Island and the wave got Bert so wet he wrung out his shirt. Poor guy is loosing his touch for the sea!
It was an awesome little fair. Good stuff. Handmade. Yep, I think the jury did a good job. :)

Boaz giving Bert big smiles. And a wedding on Saturday. Self portrait.....

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

So glad you have made some great friends and can squeeze in some time to have fun. Never can beat a good craft show. I can't wait to go to one as a shopper instead of a vendor.
Wedding looks amazing.

Ladene said...

Looks like you had a good time on Canada Days. Sorry Bert got drenched-(next time take your swimming suit

Can't figure out that wedding picture. Those shining things look like hair dries to me. What am I missing.?

Hope the weather changes soon for you (with no air). Ev. says it's extra hot for Canada at this time. The eastern coast is saying that too.

Kryna said...

The shinny things are covers that the caterers use for the food. I always think they look so cool!

Mike and Belinda said...

That little boat looked like lots of fun - i thought the covers looked like hair dryers too - cute though how that picture turned out :)