Monday, November 06, 2006

Away in Robe


We made it back from the holiday in one peice. Sharks managed to leave us alone and fun was had by all. Between Bert and Tony, we have pictures jamming up all three computers in the house. There are hundreds of them. So I will just start with the surfing ones and then do a few more a bit later on.
Bert had to fix his board up before he takes a beating.It was much harder than it looked!

The waves were thumpin'....oh wait, for the beginer.

That little speck on the left is Bert. The speck it is headed for is me.

Catching one.

It was great fun. The water was freezing cold but the with the wetsuits, you couldn't tell except for the toes. The waves were about 4 1/2 feet on the second day that we went out. That was as big enough for this inexperienced surfer. I rode one wave in all the way to the shore laughing the entire way. Then it dawned on me that I had to get back out. I started plowing through them, one wall at a time, till a handsome surfie dude told me that I could "duck dive" under them and miss out on the bashing. Bert used to surf and wind surf all of the time so it was fun get the live window into that part of his life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive my little girl has been surfing. So glad you made it home again and that you and Bert could have some fun and some time together. Only 17 more days, do you have a potatoe with toothpicks started yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey you look skinny are they feeding you?

Kryna said...

I get to pick the pictures on here, thats all!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.. er... back there anyway... looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Aww…the “duck dive,” that is a tricky art to master. It looks beautiful there! Maybe I can try surfing at a wave pool this summer :)