Bert has loved bonsaiing for years. Exactly when the urge to snip trees started growing on him, remains a mystery. There is the story of a young George Washington chopping the cherry tree, so I assume the idea has lived in the hearts of many 'wee' boys since the beginning of boys.
Bert has had many bonsais. His favorite little one has been his Morton Bay Fig, planted around his 21st birthday. He lovingly nurtured it from a seed he harvested from the botanical gardens in Adelaide. Morton Bays are meant to be massive trees. I didn't know anything about bonsaiing before I met Bert, but he assured me that you can 'bonsai' just about any tree. Just snip, snip and they always stay quite small.
Net gave Bert a bonsaiing book just before we left for Canada. It supplied advice on lighting, temperature, soil, etc. for growing hundreds of varieties of trees.
Enter 'Ficus Religiosa'
Apparently the name had nothing to do with the selection. The seeds are now on their way though, so we'll see how this bonsai likes it up north.
7 comments:
Kryna, I'll love you forever just the way you are, but I think it's time for you to hire an editor! :-)
this is very interesting, I could see Lee getting into this.
Ern, you are a well I don't know what! You could have called me when you saw the problems! But no, I had to call you and it was a near disaster!
I think we should let your curious readers know just what the "problem" was! :-) adr
nah, that is ok big bro. we don't need to hear about any 'neutering'...
I'm so glad Bert can bonsai again. I'm glad there in no more neutering going on :)
You rozabooms talk in riddles, for heaven sake...I really like that in a person
Post a Comment