Monday, October 09, 2006

“Dad, what is all this for?” This was coming from a little boy eagerly watching his dad as he transferred building supplies from their shopping trolley into the back of their ute. “Well Mattie, we are going to build…..” that was as much as I heard as I passed by them. But it was great to see a parent taking time to do constructive things with their child.



That must be fun and very difficult all at once when you are a parent. Here you get to watch them make a hundred mistakes and take a gazillion times longer than it would take you. Thank you Mom and Dad, for all those times when you did just that. For all the cakes that were less than perfect, but now we can cook for ourselves. For “every hair on your head” that was a different length, but now we can cut hair. For all lawns that had to be asked if they had been mown, but now we can take care of our own yards. Dad, for letting us drive……oh wait, but hah we learned that anyway! But seriously, for each and every little thing that we may not have appreciated at the time, thank you.

“The Ute Legend”




“The ute is more than just a car. The ut is a thing of beauty. The ute is part of our national identiy. The ute is an expression of one’s lifestyle. The ute makes boys into men.”

“The ute is Australian”

(All this is taken from the Ute Appreciation Association of Australia)

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Yes, having children is truely a gift from God the needs to be enjoyed. Just thankful that we were so richly blessed. We had a wonderful growing up time together didn't we. I hope that you all get to expericence that. And I'm sure you all will be the best parents out there.

Tim and Lanette said...

Wow, Great post sis! I say a loud Amen. Love ya

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

What kinda cute little creatures are those? Do you have any of them in the back yard?

Kryna said...

I hope and pray we don't have any of those in the back yard. Don't have a clue what they are, but they look mean! (they are Aussie too)