Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pondering the Brown Snake



Yes, this is the terrible creature that has invaded our garden. He was last seen perfecting his tan beside a rock out the back door. I have been trying to work out the severity of these creepy things every since we came this year. Ann said they had seen a Brown Snake coming across the road and going into their garden a week or two ago. To me that meant he could be anywhere in Adelaide by this time and I would not have given it a second thought. But everybody here seems pretty worried about him. Trust the locals, I know. (In my mind..."But they are from the city..." "...nope shouldn't make a difference, just trust the locals.")

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOMMA sayes...
I truely think that a girl raised in the hills of AR should be quite snake savy. But also being brought up in AR she knows it is always good to act like you are listening to the locals.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I hate all manner of snakes. Just trust the locals. The only good snake is a dead snake.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering. What's the deal with AU being OZ, I thought the wizard of OZ came from Kansas?

Kryna said...

Calling it Oz, come from the way the Aussie says Australia. With the accent it sounds more like Oz on the first bit. (Am I convincing enought to be a mom yet? :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me but I still think they should have spelled it Owz or something instead of stealing stuff from Dorthy.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Did you kill that snake yet?

Kryna said...

No snake yet, but it is still the buzz in the hood. The neighbor is building a fence right next to us and said he sees it all the time, hmmm.