Friday, March 09, 2007

It is mostly official. Bert is scheduled for his final exam and licensing on Thursday, March 29. It is held in Glasgow. What all is involved, I am not sure, but one thing for sure is that the Lord will help him through whatever may lie ahead.

After the licensing, he will be open for a call. That means any church, anywhere, will be able to extend a call to him. This is the hard part: Discernment. We pray that the Lord will make it very clear where He would have us to go.

We have often said to one another that the location—in whichever country—does not matter as long as the Lord will be able to use us there. As of right now, our denomination has churches seeking pastors in different countries.

In the past two years, we have lived among and visited many of these congregations. Being among the Lord’s people feels like being among ‘family.’ And even though we have only met some just but briefly, we have grown to love them as bothers and sisters in Christ every place along the way.

So we would ask everyone to please remember us in prayer as this chapter of our lives comes to a close. The Lord knows what is written ahead as the pages turn, but we pray that we might know more clearly how to respond.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I am sure that God has the perfect church in mind for your family. Blessings to both of you.

Anonymous said...

I second what Alex said. You know, I think God could use you in a lot of places--I mean, you guys will grow and serve wherever you go.

Mrs. P said...

What enormous decisions lie ahead! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Mike and Belinda said...

Best Wishes to you as you make your decisions - our prayers will be with you both!! Love ya!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

We are all remembering you both in prayer. I'm sure the Lord will be near and guide you in the way He has chosen.