
I came across this picture while I was searching. It is Gilbert, Arkansas in the 1920's. We would go in the store with Mom and Dad when we were kids. I don't know exactly why we went (Aaron and I followed Mom and Dad everywhere). But they had the coolest things in there. That would have been back in the mid-late 80's that I remember and they still had the old glass cases with dry goods in them. Nobody would have bought anything out of them in years I am sure. But it was fun to look.
And of course they did have M&M's. That I do remember!
3 comments:
Gilbert is one of the greatest places ever. Very cute pic.
We would often stop there just to get a treat after a hard day in the woods or the hay field. You kids really looked forward to that as you didn't get treats that often.
I really like this picture. Brings me back home and reminds me of my grandma keeling.
Post a Comment