Saturday, December 09, 2006


Here we are. In the northern Highlands of Scotland. All cozy in our little house. The wind is blowing and the rain is coming down, but what does it matter with a roof over the head. God is good.
We are in Aultbea. It is a beautiful little village all by itself on the west coastal side of the highlands. We traveled up here on Wednesday night, Thursday we settled in, Friday I went into the larger town to get some food (three cheers from Bert:) and now we are finaly catching up with the world on the web.

Our house is on the right half (without the bushes in front)

Looking into the housing part of town. (our house behind the trees on right)

An glance in the opposite direction of the last picture.
The rainbow didn't show up as well on "film".

We discovered our address today as well. It is:

6 Peir Road

Aultbea

Ross-shire

IV22 2JQ

UK

The telephone yet remains a mystery. Hmmm, small town. We will find it I am sure.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How gorgous. I can't wait to come out and see it first hand. I had just looked it up on the Net and had no idea it was so neat. Make sure you are keeping record of your life for later years. Your grandkids will love being able to follow along the road you traveled.
Miss you though.

Anonymous said...

Love you love you love you. Its very pretty, James wants to come and visit.

Anonymous said...

Cute! I think I should have picked Scotland again for spring break instead of Arkansas?!

Kryna said...

I'll second that!

lauri said...

Wow, it is beautiful there! No way you can take a bad photo there. And it's right outside your window. I'm so glad you're there, so that we can see what it's like. I know it's far from home, but what an adventure. Blessings!