Tuesday, January 02, 2007



Remember the day when you could climb up into the back window of your parents car and lay streached out head to toe.....while going down the road...while passing a police car?

Ah, those were the days! The car and trucks were all the same length. There were only a few matte colors to chose from. The one I am thinking of was the pea green Oldsmobile. Pea green, like the inside of peas green. I loved that old car. All three of us kids could sit in the back seat and not even touch.

What would have we done if we had each needed a booster seat till we were 14 like in some countries? There deffinatly would have had to be some alterations on Aaron's side of the car. (Ok, I know. Or a certain height.:)

I know things are much safer now but did we ever have a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Tim and Lanette said...

HEY you loved that too? It was my favorite to lay in the back window. Remember when Dad stomped on the breaks and you'd go flying down? That was awesome too. I also loved curling up on the floor behind the drivres seat for a nap. Aahh those were the days.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Great post little girl. We are an hour late leaving so I gotta run. Planes are waiting.

lauri said...

Danny always said, the back window was great in our old car while traveling because if mom tried to reach you from the front and whack you in the head for misbehavin (which was Danny 24/7)you could lean way back into the window and all mom could "whack" was air. Ah, yes, life was good back in the day...Happy Anniversary you two!

Anonymous said...

What about those old station wagons with the fold-out seats in the very back -- did you guys ever have car like that? We also spent time riding in the bed of pickup trucks; doubt that is allowed anymore, either.

Our daughter is so small that we joke she will be using a booster seat on the way to her wedding! :)

Kryna said...

I have to say no to the station wagon, except for the one dad had to buy to get the one home that Lanette had blown up. Yes, that worth another post!

How about it mom?