I've been tagged by Kath to come up with six quirks about myself. So here goes....

1. I love shoes but can never find the right pair. Sometime when I buy a pair I love in the store, it goes with absolutely nothing when put with my clothing at home. Bummer.
2. Coffee is the best, but unless I actually pay for a cup, I very rarely drink a full cup. I pour half a one at breakfast and sip on it half the morning....and still end up with left overs.
3. Sometimes people think I am all 'sweet and innocent' ( you all know me better :), but I really flip my lid with poor/rude service in business.
4. I bought my first car (an awesome, but 'pre-owned' BMW) with money I made from making rag dolls as a kid.
5. I love outdoor gardening, but can barely keep and indoor plant alive.
6. I can be OC about cleaning things up. This has bugged my sister more than once when we would be working in the kitchen together.
Now this is meant to be sent on to six more people, but I am afraid most of you have already been picked!
6 comments:
I have something for you over at the holler.
Vicki
Thanks for playing along.
Did you ever keep count of how many dolls you made?
And I am with you on the garden/indoor plant thing.
Number 6, that's an issue. My wife insists on cleaning everything up when I'm cooking. She hides the salt from me, she hides the flour, she hides it all. When I say, where's the salt, she tells me she thought I was done with it. My response? Whatever made you think I was done with the salt, I mean seriously. You can ask Aaron and Bubbles, they can confirm all of this.
This is quite true. I've decided that the reason Birn keeps his spices a secret is because he doesn't want anyone to find out that his secret is a sodium overload! But one can not argue with the taste buds and the taste buds say it's just fine. adr
There's a trick to getting just the right amount of salt in a dish. I find most people are scared to death of salt and therefore their food is woefully lacking in the white stuff.
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm curious if you agree with my theory that there's a trick to when it should go in most dishes too. I'm a relatively firm believer in adding small amounts early on for most dishes and then adding a good bit more near the end, instead of dumping it all in at once. Any thoughts? adr
Post a Comment