Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Parties

It seems as if the political parties in different countries are similar. Just different names and logos.

The first three are similar to (or include:) the US Republican Party.
American Republican Party

Canadian Conservative Party
Australian Liberal Party

The following four are similar to (or include:) the US Democrats.
American Democratic Party


Canadian Liberal Party

Australian Labor Party

Canadian New Democratic Party (NDP)



And then there are always the not so main stream parties....



Canadian Marijuana Party

Australian No Pokies Party (no lottery...you have to love it!)

American Independent Party

Canadian Green Party


American Libertarian Party

And many many more....
It is compulsory for Bert to vote in Australia...his Mum and Dad have been fined more than once he was out of country and couldn't get the ballot back in time. I sent off my absentee ballot in time too I hope!

2 comments:

Ladene said...

Very interesting. I didn't know it was compulsory to vote in Austrial.

lauri said...

We did absentee too this year, sat down with mom, cuz those machines confuse her...sent them off about a week ago. I enjoy frustrating nephew Sam..he says, who did you vote for..I said, the black guy, what's his name again? He looked at me like he didn't even know me! Ah yeah, fun to keep the younguns on thier toes, huh?